HomePage Homepage as Text  Casualties   Thanks  Sources   Notes   Dedications

Bantams  Links    Diary & Site Index    Disabilities
    Summaries   Time

This Badge was worn
by the 17th Welsh.
The First Glamorgan Bantams.

For a larger image
please click on badge

17th (Service) Battalion  The Welsh Regiment
The First Glamorgan Bantams
Diary   June 1916  to  February 1918
(All Diary Pages are now on Site - More information to be added)

Please Note: The website www.17thwelsh.ukf.net, referred to within this website, is no longer serviced. They are gradually updated to 17thwelsh.org.uk
Unfortunately, it still floats in cyberspace - Sincere apologies, Webmaster

Page titles and other fonts are being slowly updated using a Cascading Style Sheet

Arthur John
Davies M.M.

Text   Notes

The Guest Book
was abruptly withdrawn
by the supplier

What's new powered by crawl-it
Apologies for lack of Search. Please click on Text, above left, to find an alternative Seach facility. Search code, on this page, was corrupted during recent upgrade

Lt Col C. J. Wilkie (right) with a
lady, an officer and Billy the Goat
(For a larger image please click on photo)

By kind permission of the Trustees of the
Welch Regiment Museum

During the past six months or so, considerable research has been carried out on Lt Charles Cobbe RN and his family. This includes further work at the PRO and visits to Market Bosworth, Mears Ashby, Little Marlow, Great Marlow, Bisham and Bradenham. It is hoped that within the next month or so there will be a significant update to this website. Unfortunately, it has not as yet, been possible to determine the location, date and circumstances of his death in 1798.

Contact with anyone having connections to the Cobbe, Burslem, Oldershaw and Tylecoat families would be most welcome. Dave Tylcoat of Cottage Pine, Devon a distant cousin of the wife of the writer, has been most helpful with the Tylecote connections.

the webmaster
comments and in particular
help with identifying persons
or locations in photographs

hanks to the
Public Records Office Kew UK
for permission to publish the
War Diary and other papers.

The webmaster is pleased
to report that contributions to
the site are still being received.
Details to found at
"Thanks" and "Dedications"
Initial Construction and original development Sponsored by
Learning Developments

© Graham Davies 1998 - 2014
Updated - April 28, 2014 - and research still in progress